What you’ll find out inside the book:
- Laura Ingalls Wilder was born into a pioneer family.
- She wrote about her amazing childhood in the beloved Little House on the Prairie books.
- Sometimes pioneer life was extremely hard.
- One terrible winter the family nearly starved to death and froze inside their little house.
- A horde of grasshoppers—billions of them—filled the land and ate everything in sight, even the clothes off people’s backs!
- When Laura’s sister Mary became blind, Laura became her “eyes,” telling Mary about the world she could no longer see. It prepared Laura for being a storyteller.
- Laura felt a deep love for her family, Nature, and pioneer life.